|1. To inspire a productive learning of English language four skills.|
2. To help students build effective English language skills of reading, speaking
listening and writing.
3. To help students develop self-study skills.
4. To help students develop interpersonal communication skills.
5. To help students develop logical thinking skills.
6. To promote students' interest in learning and using English language in a university
life (academic & social) situations.
7. To help students build language awareness.
8. To help students build cross-cultural awareness.
|This course is designed for low-intermediate learners of English. A communicative approach is adopted to ensure students’ ability to use English in academic disciplines and in the future at work. ESL as well as authentic audio, audio-visual and printed materials will be designed and provided by the instructor based on topics relevant to the students’ major area and the real-world happenings.|
|To be announced in c;ass.|
|Students will be given mini lectures on language learning theories to equip their |
self-improvement ability and allowed sufficient opportunities to use English
to accomplish language tasks and group activities targeting communication.
|Help make photocopies of class materials.|
Help calculate grade points.
|Students are expected to:|
1. attend each class and be punctual.
2. participate actively in all in-class activities and discussions.
3. submit all compulsory assignments on the due date.
4. attend midterm and final examinations
Overall performance accounts for 40% out of 100 (Attendance will be recorded in every class. Three unexcused absences will lead to an immediate failure of the course. Please make a note of it. Active involvement and participation in the class activities especially voluntary work account for credits of grade. Late homework assignments will be unacceptable. Improvement in all course-related respects of every individual student will be carefully monitored.) Mid-term exam accounts for 30% out of 100. Final exam accounts for 30% out of 100.
|Textbook & Reference|
|Class materials will be distributed in class.|
|Urls about Course|