|Semester||Fall Semester, 2019|
|Department||MA Program of Education, First Year PhD Program of Education, First Year MA Program of Education, Second Year PhD Program of Education, Second Year|
|Course Name||Selected Readings in Educational Journal Publication|
Teaching approaches include lecture, group discussions, individual and group presentations.
1. Attend class, complete reading assignments, and participate in class discussions. This course has both discussion and lecture components. Teacher will give a lecture for the reading assignment first. The outline of the presentation will be prepared by teacher. Then each class will start with a discussion that focuses on the assigned readings and uses them to address larger questions. You are expected participate actively in these discussions. Question-posing to the class is especially encouraged, especially questions that may have no "right" answer. At the last period, students are required to present the discussion group by group. If the topic is complete, teacher will give an introduction on the topic at the last 15 minutes for the following week.
2. Group presentation: each student is required to present their discussion in turn each time. The presentation will be graded on the following element: fluency, content, group collaboration and being well-organized.
3. Individual presentation: Each student is required to make a final presentation about paper concept development and journal selection
The course will be graded based on the following criteria:
3. Final individual presentation (40 %). 20 min presentation followed by a 3000-word paper
|Textbook & Reference|
1. Parija, Subhash Chandra & Kate, Vikram (Eds.) (2017). Writing and Publishing a Scientific Research Paper. Springer.
2. Spyns, Peter & Vidal, María-Esther (2015). Scientific Peer Reviewing. Springer.
3. Hou, Angela Yung Chi（2011）. Quality Assurance at a Distance : International Accreditation in Taiwan Higher Education, Higher Education, 61(2), 179–191
4. Hou, Angela Yung-chi, Ince, M., Tasi, S. & Chiang, C. L. (2015). Quality Assurance of Quality Assurance Agencies from an Asian Perspective: Regulation, Autonomy and Accountability. Asian Pacific Educational Review, 16, 95-106..
5. Hou, Angela Yung Chi, Morse, B., Wang, W. (2017). Recognition of Academic Qualifications in Transnational Higher Education and Challenges for Recognizing a Joint Degree in Europe and Asia. Studies in Higher Education, 42:7, 1211-1228
|Urls about Course|
|1. APER (2018). Author Instruction. https://secure.authorservices.springernature.com/en/default/submit/select/1/8/manuscript/176.5/_ 2. Springer (2018). Submitting a journal manuscript and peer review. https://www.springer.com/gp/authors-editors/authorandreviewertutorials/submitting-to-a-journal-and-peer-review|