|Semester||Fall Semester, 2019|
|Department||Graduate Institute of Technology, Innovation & Intellectual Property Management, MA Program(IPM), First Year Graduate Institute of Technology, Innovation & Intellectual Property Management, MA Program(IPM), Second Year|
|Course Name||US Patent Law and Practice|
1. Upload the PPTs to the computer at the classroom
2. Review the case briefs
Class Participation including Quiz 40%
Case Study and Briefing 30%
Final Exam 30%
Please watch the Supplemental Materials in advance at home before the class. A quiz about the content of the supplemental materials will be taken in the beginning of each class, starting at 9:10 am.
Case Study and Homework:
1. Please brief each case and hand over the hard copy of the brief(s) at class on the corresponding class date (generally an A4 size page for each case).
2. The brief should include:
(1) fact, including the plaintiff(s), the defendant(s), the background of the case, the judicial judgment(s) in the first (and second) instances;
(2) ruling, including the statutory rules and the judicial rules;
1. It’s a take-home exam. Please send your answer e-file by email to teacher via firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The question of the final exam: please summarize the whole course of this semester class by class (topic by topic) in English.
|Textbook & Reference|
1. Martin J. Adelman, randall R. Rader & Gordon P. Klancnik, Patent Law (Second Edition, 2013).
2. Janice M. Mueller, Patent Law (Fourth Edition, 2013).
3. On-line class: Prof. Polk Wagner, Patent Law and Policy (Patent Law at PennLaw)
4. Many Judicial Cases
|Urls about Course|
US Patent Law and Practice.pdf