|Semester||Spring Semester, 2020|
|Department||Schedule of College of Commerce Elective Courses for Commerce Students|
|Course Name||Advanced Writing|
|Prerequisite||English Writing、Writing and Oral Training I,Writing and Oral Training II|
To be announced
1. All the classes are closely interwoven, so students are expected to attend every class. Regular attendance is strictly required. Absence from THREE weekly sessions will result in failure to pass. *Anyone who is leaving Taiwan early due to exchange schedule please do inform the instructor at the beginning of the semester and discuss possible solutions.
2. Those who need to ask for leaves for important reasons should notify the instructor in advance through e-mail only. DO NOT ask your peers to pass the request or use the facebook messenger to notify the instructor.
3. Punctuality is essential; lateness will seriously affect attendance record.
4. We will use Moodle and Zuvio during the semester, so please get familiar with these two tools. We will post announcements, provide class materials, and collect assignments on Moodle. Please visit it on a weekly basis. We also plan to use Zuvio for preview check and in-class activities.
5. Delayed or missed assignments are NOT accepted. Make-up assignments are downgraded by 30 percent.
6. Writing assignments may have to be revised and resubmitted as required by the instructor. The original MUST be attached to the revised version, so always keep the original copy of the writing assignment.
7. Students are expected to preview the assigned chapters or relevant materials.
8. Students are required to present their works in class and read each other’s work and provide written response through Moodle. Detailed instruction will be given in class.
9. Unless required by the instructor, use of cell phone, laptop, or other electronic devices is not allowed in class.
10. Students are encouraged to form pairs or teams to make oral presentations on the assigned reading or handouts. The presenters will summarize the section and lead relevant activities within a time frame of 30 minutes. Registrations are open on the 7th week. Voluntary presenters can expect extra points of between two and four added to the final grade points.
11. Voluntary class leaders (C. L.) will be recruited during the first two weeks. Each class will have two C.L.s. Volunteers of related experience are preferred. Voluntary C.L.s will be rewarded extra points of two added to the final grade points.
12. The first class meeting is important. Those who fail to attend the first class meeting for no significant reasons will be considered willing to withdraw.
*Reminder: academic honesty is expected of every student. Each writing assignment should be made by individual and original effort, and use of any source should be clearly acknowledged.
|Textbook & Reference|
To be confirmed and announced
|Urls about Course|